BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Be blessed oh ye, Daughter of the Wind.

What a cool saying!!! "Be blessed oh ye Daughter of the Wind." If it weren't for me being a total Arabian horsewoman, this saying would mean alot, but being a horsewoman of horses of the desert, this saying means several things to me. I have always had a soft place in my heart for horses and when I was 12 I saw my first Arabian horse, up close and in person. It was an experience I will never forget. He was a 12 yr old grey gelding, rode by a friend of mine about a mile away and he loved his owner. That's when the experience became real to me and I began reading about the Arabian horse. From every magazine I could get my hands on to every book written by Walter Farley about his infamous Black Stallion. Then when I was 14, we moved back to Michigan and my mom met a woman at work who had horses and was friends with a woman, Rhoda, who had Arabians. I began my journey with horses in hand that summer.

While I would do anything from clean stalls and feed (40+ horses), be a helper at riding summer camps, and do everything in between to be able to ride any horse at all, I was partial to mares. Mares, if you are not a horse person, have a unique attitude and personality. They will become your best friend and in an instant not be afraid to take off on you when you least expect it. And I loved that about them. The Arabian horse is much different, they are born from the desert and for centuries they lived in tents with their bedouine owners (more commonly referred to as partners). The Arabian horse has a streak of humanity in them that connects to the person. Mares, above all, were prized higher by the bedouine's than the stallions. Mare were the heritage of their herd an the prize of thier tribe. So in a long line of history the Arabian horse became part of the person, connecting and being part of the tribe/family.

Be blessed oh ye Daughter of the Wind is a saying from the bedouine tribes from centuries and years past. The 'Daughter of the Wind', the mare, is a blessed and loved creature. They are bold and daring, will take any stand and go anywhere their partner directs. They will continue on a goal to their death (if you are not careful to make sure they take care of themselve). Be blessed oh ye Daughter of the Wind. This is much like my life. I, in my own persona, am a daughter of the wind. Constantly moving, never resting, once I find a place to be part of something (family, friendship, love, etc), I give it my heart and would do anything to protect that facit of my life. I run without direction, sometimes, and I am steady and will continue a course without regard for my body or health (thank God for my husand Lee who keeps me healthy). And sometimes, I take off when it is least expected. I know many of these types of women, many Daughters of the Wind who are restless but heart giving without regard for their own life. I am friends with many of them. And just like the Arabian mares that live in my front yard (and Princess), these women are friends for life, they would stand with me thru anything giving their heart to a course that they may not be able to see or understand, they are Daughters of the Wind.

I believe that in some of us Daughters we are given those hearts to endure and continue, to go ahead and be the link in the family for whatever reason God knew that these Daughters would be head-strong and bold, heart-giving, loving and committed to the families and friends where we are placed. We would be the Daughters would would do anything at a moments notice without question or regard for our own life and yet, on occassion, 'take off' on a fleeting idea. And with that knowledge and foresight, He placed us in groups-circles of Daughters just like us. Friends and family members who are just the same but different backgrounds, faces, nationalities, looks, and lives but still Daughters of the Wind. And like the Wind we Daughters are fast moving when needed but still and calm, never changing when required. We are Daughters of the Wind, the Wind of the Almighty brought together with one common thread that may take a lifetime to draw us near together but a thread that will not break, divert or pull apart. So I write this long blog in honor of my friends, Daughters, who I have met and hold dear. Daughters who are just as devoted and loving as my Arabian mares who will stand with me when I am crazy and going to take off, and who will no matter what be on the phone when I need to talk or cry, and will pray with me when I am out of the wind in the still motionless day.
BE BLESSED OH YE, DAUGHTERS OF THE WIND.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Theresa that was awesome just like you! :) Love you dearly...........Penny

Tori said...

beautiful post Theresa!