BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 28, 2010

Weak in Strength

I consider myself a pretty physically strong person, for an almost 40 yr old woman that is! I can lift and move hay, 50 lb feed bags, etc, etc....but in truth I struggle to stay physically strong and I am not bodily suited for a strong frame so it becomes much more difficult for me to stay strong. But in sight of my physical weaknesses, I will struggle and stay busy attempting to stay strong and 'hang' with the men in physical work. Something I am not good at is sitting still and watching...go figure!

But now, lately, I struggle with strength of mind, body and soul, the three things that keep you up and running every morning. The things that give you the spice of life, they are weak and just want to sit and do nothing....and you can imagine the struggle in my body to keep moving when the entire body wants to stay put on the couch. So in the physical and metaphysical, I feel weak struggling to stay moving in some direction. Then I got a book from a friend, a daily devotional book that I got yesterday in the mail (actually Saturday but I didn't open it until yesterday) and I opened it to June 27th. "The Lord hath sent strenght for thee." Ps.68:28. I was more than curious to read the devotion. Even tho this scripture is small and short, the writter took "The Lord is my strength" and gave it a different ending 5 times, the last one reads like this- "The Lord is my strength to sit still. And how difficult is the attainment! Do we not often say to one another, in seasons when we are compelled to be quiet, "If only I could do something!" When the child is ill, and the mother stands by in comparative impotence, how severe is the test! But to do nothing, just to sit stil and wait, requires tremendous strength. The Lord is my strength."

I took this devotional very much to heart because not being still is one of my greatest abilities. I can pull anyone thru anything just by locking the circumstance, situation, or obstacle out of my mind and just move thru it and take whoever is in need with me. That is who I am and what I do. Sitting still not my strong point! And yet I find that I am sitting still, even with all the moving and doing, I am sitting still; "stuck" in the words of a good friend. So the deliverance of the scripture at Ps 68:28 was light to me. The light that I am ok just sitting still now matter how much moving I do, it is in strength (altho it looks like weakness to me) that I am "stuck" and can't get out, and it is His strength that is allowing me to stay put and not run away from the situation or circumstance. Do I still cloud my mind to get thru the situation and circumstances I am in? Yes. Is that ok? Well, I don't know but it gets me thru the day physically even tho metaphysically and spiritually I am sitting still.

0 comments: