BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Our Horses

It's funny how things work out sometimes, planned or not things always seem to go the way they are suppose to even though they are your plans. I helped a friend out last year, someone who was loosing her farm and her horses and I did it behind my husband's back then "sprang" it on him with one days notice to prepare for 4 more mares to come to the property. Needless to say having 7 horses was a challenge; moving two of them to new homes and loosing an old mare to cancer bigger challenge. We are now down to 4 horses, 3 arabs. Our plan is to move forward with a small breeding program and farm, create well rounded endurance horses and move them to sell at reasonable prices for the average rider and horseman. While my plans are big and my goal reachable, the price of feed and hay this year has made it difficult for me to even attempt to keep our two original mares.
More and more I see where people are just not feeding horses because they can't afford it and can't sell them, so after a long talk with Lee, we decided to sell if we can but if not we would work out the feed arrangement to keep the 4 that we have indefinitely.
I hope and pray for guidance from God on this because it's seemed so close when I started and now seems so far away, maybe I'm missing the trees for the forest, maybe I need to step back and let God move the way that He has planned, get out of the way, and enjoy the trees!

0 comments: