BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 23, 2010

Just a Short

I don't have a lot of time to write anything, so I'm going to share something that I read this morning. The reason for this little poem is because it has seemed that over the couple of weeks everything I read in Streams in the Desert has seemed to be focused on the place in grief that I am at (I know don't end with a preposition, oh well). This one particularly is about blessings from God, and the reading was about how if "you" are in God then everything has to come thru Him to get to you, good and bad. And, before you think or say anything, this can be taken as God is a bad God and has no power at all, read this "therefore you can thank God for everything that comes, not for the sin of it, but for what God will bring out of it and through it." Now that sentence, when I first read it, made me mad once again at God for allowing the pain in my life and the life of my family and friends but the author goes on to say, in paraphrase, that God in us comes thru us in our situations. And if I only knew the good and only the continual blessings then I could not know or see the real power of God. Now, even with that little enlightenment, I'm still not totally sold on the fact that I am completely happy with God. And maybe I'm not suppose to be - yet. And that leads to my ending-

"Would we know that the major chords were sweet,
if there were no minor key?
Would the painter's work be fair to our eye,
without shade on land or sea?
Would we know the meaning of happiness
would we feel that the day was bright,
If we'd never known what it was to grieve,
nor gazed on the dark of night?

Many men owe the grandeur of their lives to their tremendous difficulties."

0 comments: