BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 18, 2010

Healing......Words

Have you ever wanted to have something healed immediately? Like a cut on your face or hand or you have acne and you wish it was healed promptly before a big date. I did a lot in my teen years and more and more in my twenties and some in my thirties. It never happened, I never woke up one morning and all the little nitches and crannies in my face weren't magically gone. It doesn't mean that I never wanted to wake up that way.
What I did find was an escape from myself in words. I would sit down and begin to write down 'stuff' and before long it was a short story or detailed, elaborate poem. Writing became a passion that I didn't have to struggle with anything pouring out of me through a pen or pencil, it came naturally.
So what on earth does my wishful thinking for healing and my passion for words have to do with each other, well, nothing at first look but when you look at them together "healing words" they mean something. Those two words together hold meaning. They hold hope. They hold stability. Why? Well, when I needed healing I asked for myself in a selfish, desire that just didn't cut it. Wishful thinking didn't make anything happen except..wishful thinking. And my words didn't go anywhere except on paper. I never shared them with anyone and when I did the general response wasn't what I had expected...again wishful thinking. But, when God says "...pay attention to what I say, listen to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart, for they are life to those to find them and health to a man's whole body." (Prov. 4:20-22). Powerful, strong and secure. This simple easy passage has the ideas of my life wrapped into three versus "listen to my words"...."health to a man's whole body". Everything that is needed in two parts of these versus. God's Healings Words. So what do the words at the beginning of my blog mean.....everything.

0 comments: