BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 14, 2009

For the Love of a Horse

I don't know how many of you have been in contact or have had horses but I am sure if you have owned a horse that animal has in some way connected to your soul and spirit. Somewhere down deep you became a part of the horse. They become a part of your life very quickly and for those young girls (or young men) who are drawn to them, horses become a part of your identity. I have been reading blog named "for the love of a horse". The writer is amazing in his description of the egyptian arabian horse from old lines to new lines. And as I read his blog tonight, I felt as though I am deceiving some who come across my blog. The name "far side farms" was started with the thought that I would be bringing a helping hand to some of those out there who have horses with problems or issues that I have faced over my many years of dealing with horses that were not the easiest to own or train. I truly love horses, they are a part of my life that is more than just a pet, they complete my identity. I am not by any means an expert horsewoman, and nor do I portray myself as being one. But when I am with them in some sort of way I can become a different person. Not angry not someone I 'have' to be but ME.

Horses don't care what you look like or what you wear. They don't care if you are standing beside them or riding them (most horses). Horses are old line of life that love people. If you are ever around a horse that loves its people you are seeing the way that they were created to be by God. I fell off of the horse wagon for a while, trying to make it something it wasn't and God made it so that even though I didn't want to ride I had to care for 'the girls' (my nickname for the small herd out my backdoor). That small part of me that desired and loved them was being beat down by the fact that they had become a job instead of a love. That was not the only thing happening at that time, I was drowning in a lot of anger and anxiety and horses became part of that anxiety and anger. It was at this time that God intervened in my life, He sent Peggie to intercede in my life. It took about a month before my life started to unwind before I realized that my horses were actually a part of my life that God was directly connected to in my every day life. I chose, or allowed, to have my horses become a part of my life that I resented. I know today that when those days come that resentment sets in that the enemy is working on a part of my life and I am directing it toward my horses. I also know that in God's word the horse is a noted animal. Horses carry the angels of the apocolypse bringing the will of God in the future. Horses carry Jesus Christ back to us to claim His world and people. Horses have that high recognition in God's word. How amazing!!

So while my blog started in one direction, God directed me quickly that this was not part of his plan. So I mislead those looking for help with horses, and I am working to find a new name for my blog (nothing so far). Until the time when that name comes to me, Far Side Farms will remain, misleading those looking for horse help, and maybe finding God's help instead.

0 comments: