BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 21, 2008

Call From Far Away.

We all screen our calls no matter if we are at home with caller-id, on our cell phones, and yes-even at work. If we don't know the number or want to speak to the person on the other end of the phone, we don't answer the line. Today is my birthday, a whole 38 years of life and I got a call on my cell phone from a number that I didn't know and didn't have listed in my phone book so I ignored it.....twice. Then the office phone rang and the person on the other end was "Ronnie from Iraq" (this is exactly what he told my co-worker). Needless to say I was completely and totally surprised and taken off guard. Ronnie has been overseas now for 6 months and I am not at all good at emails, cards, boxes or anything else no matter what kind of intentions I have they just never seem to get done. I was more than excited to hear from him. This is his 4th tour overseas so hearing his voice is.......peaceful. It's my confirmation that he's ok and counting the days to come home. I know now more than ever that God was watching out for Ronnie on each tour, didn't know then but know now. I don't know if Ronnie knows that but I know and I think Angi knows that too. I don't know if Ronnie knows about the Armor of God but I will pray over him a hedge of protection and the Armor of God until he is home.

0 comments: